We offer a range of mentorship services for photographers at all stages in their career. Applicants should be serious, professional photographers with at least one established body of work; we reserve the right to decline applicants who do not meet these criteria or who we do not feel would benefit from our services. Please see below for the current options available and feel free to get in touch with any related queries.
PORTFOLIO REVIEWS & CONSULTATIONS
Professional photographers at any level are welcome to apply for a nineteensixtyeight consultation.
Consultations are purchased as individual sessions, which can be conducted over Skype, as written reviews, or in person on the occasion of certain special events (for example, presence at a photo fair).
Based on an photographer’s particular needs, he or she will be assigned to individual sessions with one of nineteensixtyeight’s directors, Isabella Brancolini or Elizabeth Breiner.
Listed below are the three different types of mentorship sessions we offer, each with a different focus.
SINGLE SESSION PORTFOLIO REVIEW
This may consist in:
- Help in the cultivation and presentation of a more cohesive body of work
- Advice on conceptual oversight and direction for in-progress projects
- Feedback on cultivating an artistic identity across different bodies and types of work
- Advice regarding online presentation and promotion (social media, website, etc.)
Duration: 50 minutes
EDITING SESSION (PHOTOS / TEXT)
This may consist in:
- General cultivation of a stronger and/or tighter edit for a particular project
- Feedback on sequencing of a particular set of images
- Preliminary cultivation of an edit for a particular purpose (e.g., a festival, a grant)
- Feedback on and assistance with the cultivation of texts to accompany work
Duration: 90 minutes
This tailored, specialized assessment may consist in:
- Market assessment (discussion of prices, editioning, positioning, representation)
- Market overview (understanding of art market, different on and offline marketplaces, art fairs, festivals, galleries)
- Feedback on the cultivation and presentation of an artistic identity, balancing commercial and artistic work
Duration: 60 minutes
When getting in touch to request a consultation or set of sessions, you will be prompted specify which specific service(s) you require, in addition to providing a link to the body or bodies of work in question and information about your availability.
All consultation sessions must be purchased in advance. We will aim to get back to applicants within 72 hours to confirm or follow up with any questions we might have. Once your payment has been processed and we have reviewed your application, we will get in touch with potential dates. Should we not be able to find a suitable time for both parties within three months’ time, the applicant may request a refund.
Once a session has been booked, participants can cancel for a 50% refund (or can rebook if notice is given more than 1 week prior to the scheduled session).