We offer a range of mentorship services for photographers at all stages in their career. Please see below for the current options available and feel free to get in touch with any related queries.
PORTFOLIO REVIEWS & CONSULTATIONS:
SINGLE & PACKAGE SESSIONS
Photographers at any level are welcome to apply for a nineteensixtyeight portfolio review.
These can be purchased either as a one-off session, or a series of three sessions, which can be conducted over Skype or in person dependent on location.
Based on an photographer’s particular needs, he or she will be assigned to individual sessions with either Isabella or Lizzie. When a package of three sessions is purchased, the sessions will typically consist of one session with Isabella, one with Lizzie, and one with both.
What does a portfolio review entail?
- Assistance on edits, general or for a particular purpose
- Help in creation and cultivation of a cohesive body of work
- Advice on conceptual oversight and direction
- Market assessment (discussion of prices, editioning, positioning)
- 1-to-1 sessions with one or both of nineteensixtyeight’s founders, either via Skype or in-person
When getting in touch to request a portfolio review or set of sessions, please be as specific as possible in clarifying what particular services you require, in addition to providing a link to the body or bodies of work in question.
We will get back to you as soon as possible with a price for your consideration.
FULL MENTORSHIP SCHEME
This service is application-only. We will only accept those artists we feel have a body of work that is at a certain stage of completion.
Those accepted photographers will be given a price based on the estimated work required. This scheme is ongoing, and may be implemented over the course of several months to a year.
The full mentorship scheme includes:
- Regular 1-to-1 sessions, to be conducted over Skype or in person dependent on location
- Full conceptualization of the body of work, including editing, sequencing, and accompanying texts
- Presence on the nineteensixtyeight website, including a project page, portfolio, and works listed for sale in the shop
- Market assessment of work (initial or ongoing)
- Presentation of the work to industry professionals
- Research and selection of the most appropriate festivals, grants, and institutional opportunities
- Assistance on applications and proposals
- Subject to acceptance by a festival, grant or institution, oversight in the production and curation of an exhibition and accompanying material
- Assistance with PR, social media and press
When applying, please include a full CV, a link to the body or bodies of work in question, and any relevant texts and press. If possible, please be as precise as possible about the services you require and any ongoing initiatives you might be involved in.